California Rafting Consultant - Job Description
This position can be full-time, part-time, or seasonal. Employees work in our main office in Lotus, CA.
Additional responsibilities and increased compensation may be available to qualified candidates - see below for details.
- Actively participate on the AO Sales Team; Assist team leaders and teammates in building a successful sales team in a positive and productive work environment.
- Establish and grow a thorough understanding of AO products and services; be able to provide quality recommendations for the best possible guest experience.
- Learn and stay current on AO policies and best practices.
- Communicate with guests via phone, LiveChat, or email professionally, in order to convert an inquiry to a sale.
- Accurately and appropriately use reservation software to track leads and manage reservation activity. Maintain and record sales activity accurately, and report on key performance indicators as identified during onboarding.
- Learn and develop methods to respond to guest concerns or issues, according to AO policy and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse group of people; Ability to build genuine, authentic connections with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work some evenings and/or some weekends during the season, May - Sept.
- Appreciation of the outdoors / A deep love of the outdoors and nature.
- Ability to raft some of the rivers AO runs as part of training (and as a fun perk!).
Hours and Compensation
- There are seasonal, part-time and full-time positions available, with flexibility for time-off during the off-season (Oct - April).
- Scheduled hours may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Hourly pay ranges from $15 to $20/hr based on a combination of job proficiency and relevant skills and/or experience. Pay increases are considered on a monthly basis during the first year, then annually thereafter.
- Perks include opportunities to raft all AO rivers, and Employee Friends and Family discount.
Qualified candidates interested in advancement, please take note of the following:
Additional duties and responsibilities eligible for increased compensation
- Participate on the Content Creation team.
- Participate on the Social Media team.
- Create written content and messaging for use across various media and/or publications.
- Assume an area of responsibility such as inventory management, sales training, outreach team lead, weekend manager-on-duty, administrative assistant, graphic design, etc.
- Alternative duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired skills and experience eligible for increased compensation
- Experience in sales, preferably by phone.
- Experience creating written content, preferably for marketing purposes and websites.
- Experience using various social media platforms for marketing purposes.
- Technical and computer skills such as knowledge of HTML, graphic design software, database software or reporting software, data analysis.
- Other skills or experience relevant to the job but not named herein.
Questions and more information about working for AO: call 925-932-8993.
Back to Top
Get all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ's) regarding minimum age, how to choose a river, what to wear, trips costs and more...
View all FAQ's
Get season updates, flow reports, exclusive discounts and our most recent blog posts.
BONUS: Win a Free Trip for Two!
Subscribe once for a chance to win every month!
Connect with AO