California Rafting Consultant - Job Description
This position can be full-time, part-time, or seasonal. Employees work in our main office located on the South Fork of the American River at the All-Outdoors River Center in Lotus, CA. Additional responsibilities and increased compensation may be available to qualified candidates as outlined in the gray box lower on this page.
See details below or Apply Now
- Actively participate on the AO Sales Team; Assist team leaders and teammates in building a successful sales team in a positive and productive work environment.
- Establish and grow a thorough understanding of AO products and services; be able to provide quality recommendations for the best possible guest experience.
- Learn and stay current on AO policies and best practices.
- Communicate with guests via phone, LiveChat, or email professionally, in order to convert an inquiry to a sale.
- Accurately and appropriately use reservation software to track leads and manage reservation activity. Maintain and record sales activity accurately, and report on key performance indicators as identified during onboarding.
- Learn and develop methods to respond to guest concerns or issues, according to AO policy and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse group of people; Ability to build genuine, authentic connections with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends during the season, May - Sept.
- Appreciation of the outdoors / A deep love of the outdoors and nature.
- Ability to raft some of the rivers AO runs as part of training (and as a fun perk!).
Hours and Compensation
- There are seasonal, part-time and full-time positions available, with flexibility for time-off during the off-season (Oct - April).
- Scheduled hours may include early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
- Hourly pay ranges from $15 to $20/hr based on a combination of job proficiency and relevant skills and/or experience. Pay increases are considered on a monthly basis during the first year, then annually thereafter.
- Perks include opportunities to raft all AO rivers, and Employee Friends and Family discount.
Qualified candidates interested in advancement, please take note of the following:
Additional duties and responsibilities eligible for increased compensation
- Participate on the Content Creation team.
- Participate on the Social Media team.
- Create written content and messaging for use across various media and/or publications.
- Assume an area of responsibility such as inventory management, sales training, outreach team lead, weekend manager-on-duty, administrative assistant, graphic design, etc.
- Alternative duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired skills and experience eligible for increased compensation
- Experience in sales, preferably by phone.
- Experience creating written content, preferably for marketing purposes and websites.
- Experience using various social media platforms for marketing purposes.
- Technical and computer skills such as knowledge of HTML, graphic design software, database software or reporting software, data analysis.
- Other skills or experience relevant to the job but not named herein.
Questions and more information about working for AO: call 925-932-8993.
Back to Top
Get all the answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ's) regarding minimum age, how to choose a river, what to wear, trips costs and more...
View all FAQ's
Get season updates, flow reports, exclusive discounts and our most recent blog posts.
BONUS: Win a Free Trip for Two!
Subscribe once for a chance to win every month!
Connect with AO