FAQs for the Pre-Season Sale:
Why is the Pre-Season Sale the most popular discount offered by All-Outdoors and how does it work?
Our Pre-Season Sale provides a deep discount and total flexibility. You get 25% OFF of any California river trip—any river, any time, in the upcoming season. Here’s how to save:
- If you already know the specific date and trip, and wish to secure it, you can book it during the sale period saving 25%! Call us at (800) 247-2387 or make a Reservation Request online.
- If you know which trip you want but you don't have a date in mind, purchase a Rafting Trip Certificate for the exact amount of the itinerary, saving 25% off the top; then select the date later on.
- If you don't know which river you want to raft, you can purchase a Rafting Trip Certificate for any cash value, receiving a 25% discount. You will apply this later as payment toward the trip you want to raft. Buy a Rafting Trip Certificate online.
- Rafting Trip Certificates make gift giving uniquely amazing!
How do I learn more about your trips and what to expect from each river?
- You can explore each of the rivers we run and the trips we offer starting from our California Rivers page.
- You can contact us by phone, live chat, or email.
How long is the Pre-Season sale and when will it end?
- This 25% discount runs for three months starting from November through January.
- The 2020 Pre-Season Sale ended on Friday, January 31st. On this last day of the sale phone reservations and certificate orders qualifying for the discount were accepted until 7pm. Online reservations, payments, and certificate orders using this discount qualified until 11:59pm Pacific Time.
- Any unpaid balance left on a reservation after the sale ends is due at regular rate.
- Our regular off-season office hours are Mon-Fri: 10am - 4pm.
Are there any restrictions associated with the Pre-Season Sale?
- We only apply one discount per space (no double discounts) so when receiving the 25% Pre-Season discounted rate, no other discount can also be used. This applies to reservations made during the sale period and when applying Rafting Trip Certificates later in the season at Face Value as payment.
- Guide School and the Futaleufu trip are specialty trips excluded from this promotion.
- Unspent money left on a Rafting Trip Certificate after the season for which it was purchased for (April 1 – October 31) can be applied at the Paid Value (purchase rate which never expires) during subsequent seasons. This includes booking a trip during the Pre-Season sale period but cannot be used to purchase a new Rafting Trip Certificate.
Booking Your Trip During the Pre-Season Sale
If I am ready to book my trip and know the date, can I reserve it now and save 25%?
Yes, if you know which itinerary you want and you know when you want to go, you can reserve your trip now. To start a reservation, call us, live chat, or make a Reservation Request online. The reservation will fall under our cancellation policy.
What if I know what trip I want but, I don't know when I want to go?
Not a problem. Just purchase a Rafting Trip Certificate based on the cost of the trip you want but for 25% less and call us to book the date when you're ready.
What if I don’t know what trip I want? How do I choose a trip for myself or as a gift for someone else?
You can review our trips online or contact us for assistance in matching a trip for you or someone who will receive this as a gift.
Pre-Season Sale Rafting Trip Certificates
Who can I purchase Rafting Trip Certificates for and how do they work?
- You can get a Rafting Trip Certificate for yourself, as a gift, or both!
- You can pre-select the trip itinerary for either yourself or for gift giving, covering the cost in full (but paying 25% less) or choose any amount to apply towards a trip of choice.
- If the gift recipient of a Rafting Trip Certificate wishes to do a different trip other than what the Certificate was based on, we will apply the value of the Certificate to the preferred itinerary.
- Any balance left on the Certificate is held on the books for future use.
- If the new trip is at a higher price, the balance will be due at the regular rate.
- Once a reservation is made using the Certificate as payment, or if the trip was actually scheduled at the time of purchase, the reservation falls under our cancellation policy.
When the Rafting Trip Certificate is for me, how will it look and what will it say?
- Certificates for buyers resemble a document and will have your name, reference number, the Face Value dollar amount of the Certificate (the value before the discount that can be applied towards the cost of the trip) and the Paid Value. (For example: Face Value $100; Paid Value $75)
- If based on a specific trip, the accompanying invoice will name the trip and itinerary.
- It will include information about how to book your trip.
When the Rafting Trip Certificate is a gift, how will it look and what will it say?
- Certificates intended for gift giving provide a customized greeting to match your specific celebration. For example: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Rafting, Happy Birthday or ... You get the idea.
- There are To and From lines that we can fill in as directed by you, or leave it blank for you to personalize.
- There will be a reference number, the Face Value dollar amount of the Certificate (the value before the discount that can be applied towards the cost of the trip). For example: Face Value $100 but you only paid $75 (the Paid Value).
- If based on a specific trip, the Certificate will name the trip and itinerary.
- It will include information about how to book their trip.
How and when will Rafting Trip Certificates arrive?
Your choice of delivery: emailed pdf or a printed copy through the USPS.
- Email delivery (select "Email (PDF)" if ordering online):
- Choose this option to print out the Rafting Trip Certificate and Redemption Tips document.
- One business day turnaround since all orders are processed by staff during office hours and not automatically generated.
- Orders placed before 4pm on December 23rd are processed and emailed in time for Christmas. We recommend ordering your Rafting Trip Certificate well before this deadline to ensure on time arrival. Late orders will be processed after Christmas break.
- Printed copy mailed through USPS (select "USPS - Free Shipping" if ordering online):
- Choose this option to receive the Rafting Trip Certificate by the USPS to a US address of choice. Also included will be our Redemption Tips document.
- Rafting Trip Certificates purchased as a gift will also receive our Guide to California Rivers, Price Sheet, and are placed in a blue folder ready to wrap.
- Orders placed by 4pm on December 21st are shipped for free and are expected to arrive in time for Christmas. Late orders can be shipped overnight for an additional fee.
What is the return policy?
- A Rafting Trip Certificate purchase is considered a final sale. The certificate is not redeemable for cash but it is transferable to another party.
- Certificates priced at a specific itinerary rate but not yet applied may be used on any other rafting trip during the season for which it was purchased. The Face Value rate will be applied assuming no other discount is received.
- Unused Face Value reverts to the Paid Value for subsequent years. Paid Value of the Rafting Trip Certificate (purchase rate) does not expire.
- Once a trip reservation is made, our cancellation policy applies.
What if the Rafting Trip Certificate is not used during the season for which it was purchased?
Certificates that are not used, or are only used partially, during the season for which they were purchased (April 1 – October 31), can be applied at the Paid Value during subsequent seasons. This includes booking a trip during the Pre-Season sale period but cannot be used to purchase a new Rafting Trip Certificate.