California Raft Trip Shuttle Driver - Job Description
Full-time and part-time shuttle driver work is available. All work is dependent on the varying river conditions and the status of the California rafting season which usually starts in April and can run into late October, with weekends being the busiest and most consistent. Full-time shuttle driver work typically begins on Memorial Day weekend and lasts through at least Labor Day weekend but on a good water year it will last until early October.
Most drivers will typically work on one of the following AO river operations: the South Fork Operation based in Lotus, CA; the Middle Fork Operation based in Foresthill, CA; or the Tuolumne Operation based in Groveland CA.
- Actively participate on the AO Operations Team; Assist managers and other co-workers in building and maintaining a positive and productive work environment in which running trips to the standards of quality and safety as set by AO policy is paramount.
- Establish and grow a thorough understanding of AO philosophy toward trip quality and guest experience; Work to provide the best possible guest experience.
- Learn and stay current on AO policies and best practices, including logistics, care of equipment, vehicles, facilities, and paperwork.
- Perform with care and professionalism all the duties associated with the role of driver.
- Learn and develop methods to respond to guest concerns or issues, according to AO policy and best practices.
- Be a positive role model and represent AO in the workplace and in the communities in which we operate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Strong work ethic and punctuality.
- Positive attitude with problem solving skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work weekends.
- Ability to get to and from workplace locations.
- CA Commercial Driver’s License with passenger endorsement, preferably able to drive busses with air brakes, and a manual transmission.
Hours and Compensation
- Scheduled work is subject to bookings.
- Drivers may be scheduled on-call to accommodate last minute changes in bookings.
- Pay is determined by the amount of shuttles driven, experience, and additional pay for certifications as detailed in the pay schedule.
- Pay increases are considered on an annual basis
- Friends and Family discount is available to all full-time AO employees.
- Opportunities to raft or train.
- Employee housing/camping is available on most of our operations for $100/month. We cannot accommodate dogs or other pets.
Questions and more information about working for AO: call (530) 626-8306 x106 to speak with the Personnel Director.